Sunday, February 28, 2010

About me

Married to Debbie, my life partner for 27 years, blessed with 4 daughters and a son-in-law, soon to be a grandpa. I serve as an elder at Moses Lake Alliance Church, along with serving on a non-profit board, Serve Moses Lake.
The Lord is stiring me towards ministry. I am currently enrolled in the Christian Leadership Academy through the Christian and Missionary Alliance, which is a program leading towards ordination. The Lord has been using me in leading short term missions.
3 Years ago the adventure started, first trip out of the country was for a scouting trip to Nicaragua where we traveled from the West to East and to the North visiting 3 villages for future trips. Came home and God impressed on me and my friend, Jim the need to make this a community short term missions trip. We put the call out to churches within our community and ended up with 25 folks from 5 different churches that we organized and lead to Nicaragua for our first trip. It was a moving experience working with children and providing medical care and then having the ability to build a church for a community that could not afford the materials. We go where no one wants to go or can go in most cases. Giving love and care to people that God loves, we help equip the local church to spread the gospel by blessing them with a physical structure.
I just completed my 4th trip to Nicaragua and a 2nd group trip. People's lives have been changed and will continue to change. It is a blessing to see how God uses us to do his work and see the change in each of our lives. For me it is very exciting and fulfilling to serve God in this capicity.

No comments:

Sontola

Sontola
Kids Club at Church

New Church

New Church
Dedication Day

Babtism

Babtism
Creek in the Hills

20 Year Reunion

20 Year Reunion
Jeff, Herberto and Friend

Mesquite Indian

Mesquite Indian
Felix and Father

Barge River Crossing

Barge River Crossing
Indian Jones Adventure

La Rosita

La Rosita
Main Road

La Rosita

La Rosita
Meat Market